‘Lovebirds’ is a really popular wedding theme – and it’s easy to see why. It speaks of finding a partner, taking flight and creating a nest together.
Carry this sweet idea through to your favours with these cute birdseed hearts finished in lovely packaging with stamped muslin bags and thank you tags.
You will need (makes 6):
- 350g birdseed mix
- 1tbs gelatine
- 100ml boiling water
- Heart-shaped silicone muffin tray
- Muslin bags
- Hole punch
- Rubber stamp (I stuck with the bird theme but you can use whatever you like)
- Ink pad
- Free printable tags from Akimbo
1. Add the boiling water to a hot saucepan. Sprinkle on the gelatine and stir until dissolved.
2. Add the birdseed and mix until coated in gelatine mixture.
3. Spoon the birdseed mixture into the moulds.
4. Press in firmly and smooth surface.
5. Using the blunt end of the skewer, make a small hole near the top of the heart. Allow to dry.
6. Turn the seed hearts out of the mould and leave to dry completely.
7. Meanwhile, ink your rubber stamp and press firmly onto the bags. Set aside to dry.
8. Thread a strand of ribbon through the hole; create a loop and tie off with a bow.
9. Place one seed heart in each bag.
10. Tie a tag onto each bag.
Such a cute take home gift from the nature-loving bride and groom, don’t you think? And with packaging that’s too pretty to throw away, your guests will have a handy keepsake bag too.
Photography by Alicia Parsons
Ms Gingham says: The lovebirds theme is such a classic and this beautiful tutorial will provide the perfect finishing touch to any wedding!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.