1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
I love fruit mince pies, especially home made ones with icing sugar on top.
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I always loved The Snowman growing up in England. I remember it being a little scary as a child, but it’s just hauntingly beautiful especially this song:
[youtube width=”550″ height=”469″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeVUnGQOIk[/youtube]
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
Don’t know if it’s very Christmassy as such but I love a good pink moscato at any time of the year!
4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
Just be with my family (there are only a few of us here in Oz) in the afternoon and in the morning, do nothing. I very rarely get the chance to lounge around so I take the opportunity to relax with the kids.
5. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
We used to when I was a kid and surrounded by all my extended family but it’s a bittersweet thing having the majority of your family on the other side of the world. Putting up the tree with my boys is always a special time. My youngest is a few weeks off five and so still thinks it’s the most exciting thing ever.
6. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
Nope! I get a bit sick of shopping leading up to Christmas and I’m trying not to buy too much ‘stuff’ so would rather do outdoorsy stuff with my partner and kids.
7. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
Do I bake? Let me think about that….ummm no. I’ll be throwing together a salad for the Xmas Eve BBQ and my partner does desserts. I’ll let him handle the baking 😉
8. Where will you be spending Christmas this time of year?
We have Christmas Eve with the family, most of Christmas Day with our kids before they go to their respective other parents (we’re a blended family!). Then my partner and I are heading south to Albany for a week to go outdoor rock climbing and camping with some friends. Can’t wait! In January we’re taking the kids to Borneo for two weeks so it’s going to be an exciting time 🙂
9. Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
Under the Christmas tree in a big sack!
10. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
11. Finally, do you think you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list and why?