Hello Dotties! Here’s an easy little recipe for strawberry sauce that is sure to delight.
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 250g punnet of strawberries, halved
- ½ cup strawberry jam
You’ll also need:
- canning jar
- free sticker printed onto adhesive sheet (download it here)
- free tag printed onto kraft paper (download it here)
1. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir, over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the jam and strawberries and stir for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate.
I made a small batch for use as a Valentine’s Day treat (come back in 2 weeks for part 2!).
You could do it in bulk for use as a wedding favour – just increase the quantities and lose the ‘sweet & saucy’ tag. You’ll also need to make sure you research proper canning techniques so that it won’t spoil if guests don’t use it immediately.
Tutorial and tutorial photos: Alicia Parsons of Akimbo
Ms Gingham says: One word…. YUM!!!!!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: