This summer drink is a lighter version of the more wintery, spicy red wine Sangria. Our version of this Sangria borrows from many recipes, with a dash of our favourite white peaches and a concoction of our own with a bit of tasting to make sure it was just right! What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon – experimenting with white peaches at their best at the height of summer and nice wine to boot! And then enjoying the fruits of our labour relaxing on the deck! Yum!
– 1 bottle of chilled Prosecco (we used Brown Brothers Prosecco)
– 1 cup Peach Schnapps – approximate quantity – taste as you go (we used Teichenne Licor Peach Schnapps – available from liquor stores)
– 1/4 cup white rum – approximate quantity – taste as you go
– White peaches
– Chilled Lemonade
1. Slice the peaches and tumble into your glass jug. (Ours holds two litres).
2. Pour in the bottle of Prosecco. Add the 1 cup Peach Schnapps and 1/4 cup of white rum to taste. Stir to combine.
3. Top up with lemonade to fill the jug. If you find lemonade too sweet try adding some lime juice, tasting as you go, or perhaps use soda water in place of lemonade.
Images by Ms Polka Dot
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: