If you’re looking for an alternative to making jam for your wedding favours (or if you really want to coordinate with your sunny colour palette!), homemade lemon curd could be just the thing.
You will need:
- 450g caster sugar
- 70g cornflour
- pinch of salt
- 570ml warm water
- zest of 2 lemons
- 120ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
1. Place the caster sugar, cornflour and salt in a saucepan over low heat. Gradually whisk in the warm water.
2. Add the lemon zest, juice, egg yolks and butter. Cook, whisking regularly, until mixture has thickened.
3. Pour immediately into clean jars; set aside to cool completely. Add lids.
(Makes about 2 cups)
To make the tags, simply download the tag template and print onto kraft paper, trim, then punch a hole. Cover your jar lids with scraps of fabric and attach the tag with some string.
Ms Gingham says: YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: