I love fun ways of asking the special ladies (and men!) in your life to be a part of your wedding day. These cards are sparkly and sweet but fun and easy to make to ask your favourite people to be there on your wedding day.
– Glitter in your choice of colours (super fine works best)
– Blank cards in your choice of colour
– Transfer paper
– Glue or Mod Podge
– A paint brush
– A pencil
1. Working on your computer (or if you are really confident, you can draw the text on yourself!) find a font you love and work with the sizing so it will fit the front of your cad. Print it out and using transfer paper underneath your printout, trace it onto your card.
2. Now comes the messy part! (You’ll need plenty of newspaper here!) Start painting the letters with mod podge. Tip: If you want a really clean line like we did here, find a craft glue with a really small nozzle tip and then “pipe” the words as you would pipe icing onto a cake.
3. Working fast, sprinkle your glitter so it covers the word completely. Then tap off onto a spare card or piece of paper (if you do this, you can funnel the glitter back into the bottle to save for the next word).
I worked doing one word at a time so I could keep up with the glue drying.
4. When done, tap off all glitter that hasn’t stuck to your mod podge and leave to dry. You could add decorative swirls, dots or other designs around the text using the same method.
There you have it! A simple, sparkly way to ask your bridesmaids to be there on your wedding day!