Enjoy the flavours of Autumn with this honey-infused pumpkin pie. The perfect addition to your pie buffet for the not-so-sweet tooths among your guests.
- 280g plain flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 230g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbs water
- 700g pumpkin, trimmed and cubed
- 180ml honey
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 340g tin evaporated milk
1. Combine the flour and salt in a food processor; add butter. Process using a pastry attachment until combined.
2. Break the egg into a small bowl. Add vinegar and water and lightly whisk with a fork. Add egg mixture to food processor and process until the pastry comes together.
3. Remove pastry from processor. Divide into two equal parts, wrap in cling wrap and flatten slightly into discs. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Roll out the pastry on a floured benchtop and line a 24cm pie tin. Chill in fridge while preparing pumpkin.
5. Microwave pumpkin for 12 minutes or until very soft. Drain pumpkin and place in food processor. Process until smooth.
6. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled with whipped cream.
Next time I’ll be showing you step-by-step how to pull the whole rustic pie table look together.
Props kindly supplied by Little Sweet Styling.
Tutorial and tutorial photos: Alicia Parsons of Akimbo
Ms Gingham says: Hmmmm… I see a scrumptious theme emerging here Alicia!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.