Polka Dot Sneak Peek – Your Wedding Cake

by | Polka Dot Sneak Peek, Weddings

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Polka Dot Bride
COMMENTS

polka-dot-sneak-peek

I love Polka Dot Sneak Peek day! I love love love finding out about your wedding plans. It’s like catching up with a girlfriend over a glass of wine and pouring over photographs. So do chime in and share, I am a little nosy (okay a lot) when it comes to other people’s wedding plans and I’d love to hear yours!

Today it’s about the wedding cake – what are you planning? Fondant or buttercream? Naked or iced? Fresh flowers or bold geometric patterns? Leave a comment and share!

COMMENTS
  • Amy says:
    May 24, 2013 at 10:53 am

Hi! We are going for a 3 tier cake with ivory icing. Bottom tier will have a quillted look with pearls, middle tier – stencil lace design, top tier plain. Latte colourerd ribbon around each tier. Our cake designer usings a layer of choc ganache in the middle of the cake and a layer before the fondant icing to make it extra yum! now we just have to decide on flavours! We loved the choc hazelnut and choc coconut. we are also keeping the top tier so can choose whatever flavour we liked the best for that! I can’t wait for cake 🙂

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      May 24, 2013 at 10:57 am

Oo I love the sound of that Amy! Classic and chic! Though now I am really hungry for cake.

Who is your cake maker?

• Amy says:
        May 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

Vas from Frosted Indulgence 🙂 She is amazing! She was great at giving me suggestions and knew exactly what I wanted

• Jessie x says:
    May 24, 2013 at 11:53 am

My fiance` and I are planning on continuing a tradition started by my parents. We’re going to bake and ice our own wedding cake! So I suppose you could say that we’re making it a tradition by following in my parents’ footsteps.

It’s a traditional celebration fruit cake (from a Woman’s Day recipe book my Grandma gave my mum decades and decades ago). We made a practice version for Christmas and it was delicious! So, for the wedding we’re planning on baking the same cake and using a simple ivory fondant icing with some pretty flowers to decorate.

My fiance` and I are both really excited about this, and other, special touches we’ve added to our wedding. The process of baking and decorating the cake together prior to the wedding will be just as special as cutting it together on the night! 🙂

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      May 24, 2013 at 11:58 am

LOVE this idea Jessie! How very special to continue on such a wonderful tradition!

• Aimee says:
    May 24, 2013 at 1:04 pm

We had 4 cakes. Different sizes and flavours. Chocolate Sour Cream with White Chocolate Ganache. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Layer Cake. Almond and Orange with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Orange Peel. Baked Ricotta Cake with layers of Poached Fruit. All amazing, all devoured the second they came out. Some guests had a piece of each. Hubby missed out! We used a bakery in New Farm, Qld called Jocelyn’s Provisions and just ordered from their everyday range.

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      May 24, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Every time start reading your cake description the amount of drool makes me stop. Salted caramel layer cake? my gosh can I come to your wedding? It founds freaking amazing!

• Teagan says:
    May 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I’m having a simple 2 tier cake round cake. The bottom tier is chocolate with salted caramel (ridiculously good!) and the top tier is white chocolate with raspberry, all covered with Swiss meringue buttercream for a deliciously rustic finish. We’re just having some fresh flowers and ribbon to decorate. My main criteria was flavour, hence the buttercream rather than fondant! From A Bunch of Cakes in Spotswood, Melbourne (they are also doing our flowers).

• Kristen says:
    May 25, 2013 at 4:30 pm

We are doing a two tier cake for our intimate Pride and Prejudice-Anglophile themed wedding and it’s being done by our favorite bakery, Das Meyer Pastry in Arvada, CO. They have the most amazing buttercream frosting that Mr. Meyer makes his own butter for (the frosting is 30% butter and not too sweet). He’s done cakes for my clients for years as well as our family, so it’s really special for us to have him making it. It will be all Swiss Buttercream with the top layer in Midnight Orange (dark chocolate cake with an orange cream filling) and the bottom layer will be Lemon Raspberry (lemon cake with a raspberry filling). The base will be ivory and will have an aged patina, pearl borders, and there will be plum roses with dark blue hydrangeas and sugar paste sticks in little groupings.

• Polka Dot Friday Roundup - Polka Dot Bride says:
    June 6, 2015 at 12:28 pm

[…] 1.Real Wedding – Great Gatsby Destination Wedding 2. Real Bride Advice – Inspired Words – Celeste 3. Real Journey – Our “First Look” in Fiji4. Real Wedding –  Megan & Carl’s WEdding Video  5. Sneak Peek – Your Wedding Cake […]