I have been busy for 2 weeks researching and looking for new ideas in fashion and bridal direction in 2014-15 over at the Hong Kong fashion week. It was amazing although hard work as well. My research was not only to look at pending bridal trends it was for fashion trends too as they are closely entwined, and I would like to share them with you too..
As you know bridal direction has very much has been influenced by the iconic Kate Middleton wedding dress. She brought attention to different shapes and sizes of lace, much as Queen Elizabeth did in the 1800’s. I think the fashion and bridal industry was very ready for it. We were tired of bling, stiff fabrics and such strong looks for brides. Her image and imagining of lace was a fresh breeze blowing through the bridal world and I have to say I am certain that lace will be in vogue for at least the next year or so.
Bridal trends never change as rapidly as fashion does but it they are influenced by fashion. The softness, sheerness, feminine soft and flowing look will be in, but it might start to be influenced with the upcoming fashion trends which are more heavy gupur, embroidery, digital printing in soft floral and lace pattern embroidered on silk.
When I went to the seminars, we were not allowed to video or take photos, however there’s nothing stopping me from sharing my key findings and forecasts. So what does the fashion industry have in store for us? The upcoming fashion trend is influenced by the environment, people’s psychology as well as technology and Winter bridal fashion trends 2014 will most likely be all about the following:
• Rich colours, deep rich brown, burgundy, charcoal, deep yellow and different black tones.
• Patterns will be embossed, snake pattern, marble pattern and tapestry print – all printed on fabrics.
• The technology of digital printing allows a broad range of prints which next season will be influenced by cultural elements, religious paintings, mosque mosaic modernity, Mythology and ancient statues.
• Lace is heavier, gupur, punch lace, handmade lace and a more antique look.
• Fabrics are more embossed in leather or snake pattern, feathers, fur, embellishments such as punch studs, Eastern European, Russian handmade sentimental elements.
• Floral patterns more in line with romantic and renaissance art.
Gown and Image by Hamda Al Fahim
• The textile patterns are more blurred and craft elements incorporated like Persian carpets patterns.
• Pants are more high waisted with big pleats and skirts are long and flowing with wide belts to emphasise the waist.
• Crochet net and lace pattern are printed on fabrics.
• Knit wear is embossed with leather look or leather sleeves with fur cuffs.
• Jackets are tailored or very loose and cocoon shaped
I hope you enjoy my sneak peak of fashion trends for 2014-15 and let’s see what really takes off out of all these elements.
Love Fara xx
Ms Gingham says: Love hearing about the upcoming trends! Thanks Fara!
About Fara Almasi – Fara Couture Wedding Dresses Perth: Fara Almasi is a couture Perth bridal gown designer with over 20 years experience. Not only does she design and alter wedding gowns she also creates stunning bridesmaids, mother of the bride and evening gowns.