These chalkboard horses are such a easy and cute way to show your guests where they are seated.
All you need is:
– Black chalkboard spray paint from a hardware store. I got mine from Bunnings.
– Small plastic horses from a $2 shop or toy store. Make sure you get horses that can stand properly and don’t have lifted feet.
– Paper or newspaper to spray on.
1. Shake spray can really well for about a minute. Place horses on paper in a well-ventilated area, preferably outside.
2. Lightly spray the horses on one side and leave for 20 minutes or until dry. Spray this side again with a second coat. Leave for 20 minutes or until dry.
3. Turn the horses on the paper and lightly spray the other side. Leave for 20 minutes and then repeat with a second coat. Set aside to dry completely, preferably overnight.
4. Write your guests name on the horse with chalk. If you make a mistake you can easily wipe it off with a damp cloth and start again.
Images, jar, straws and tutorial by emerald + ella.
Ms Gingham says: So cute! You could even use a finer tipped chalk marker to write smaller for longer names. Great idea!
I’m Jane Howard, the girl behind emerald + ella – an online shop and blog which encompass a world of beautiful, eclectic things. I’m also a recipe writer, food stylist, vintage collector, New Zealander, married to an Aussie boy, aspirational crafter, wine drinker, pulled pork sandwich lover and basically just a girl who likes pretty bits and pieces.