If you’re into DIY like I am, you’ll have a particularly soft spot in your heart for the “minimum input, maximum effect” projects. Like these gorgeous glitter love heart pots that are so ridiculously simple, but will love-up any table setting or gift table with ease. And I don’t think you have to be a hopeless romantic to enjoy these – they add a pop of colour that is hard not to love.
- White metal pots (mine are from Ikea)
- Red acrylic paint
- Red glitter paint
- Lead pencil
- Small paint brushes
1. Ensure your pots are clean and all dust and marks are removed. Hand draw on your love hearts with a lead pencil (I found that it was easier than faffing around with a template, as I could use a rubber to correct if needed, and it took WAY less time)
2. Paint in the love heart with red paint, going over the lead pencil lines.
3. Allow the first layer of red paint to dry. Then apply the glitter paint over the top. As much as you like!
4. Allow that top coat to dry and voila! You’re done! Finish with clusters of florals to bring out the pop of red, and place on your table. LOVE!
Images and tutorial by Ms Herringbone