As we wave goodbye to February and usher in the month of March (crazy wedding season anyone!?) I can’t help but feel a little sad to be saying goodbye to Summer once again, particularly as it felt like it went way too fast! I’m still clinging to the few warm days heading our way in Victoria, but the fashions are already changing in the stores, and knits and scarves are making their way back into the wardrobe.
BUT – I must remember that I do also love this time of year, where the breeze gets cooler and the nights are perfect for sleeping. Small victories must be savoured!
To say so-long to Feb, how about taking some time to check out the best from our specialty blogs this week, with some cracker events coming up to tickle your fancy! Enjoy!
This Week On Polka Dot Weddings
Polka Dot Weddings is the blog where real brides write about their weddings and share their experiences. Inspiration abounds so click on each image to read more.
1. Real Wedding – Kayla and Dom’s Traditional Spring Brisbane Wedding 2. Real Bride Advice – Inspired Words – Jennifer 3. Real Engagement – Afternoon Engagement Shoot in Homebush 4. Our Reader’s Questions – Ask Ms Polka – Bridesmaid Shops in Melbourne This Week On Polka Dot Wisdom
Polka Dot Wisdom is a treasure trove of advice, news and wedding planning tips! Written by wedding professionals you could almost plan your whole wedding by following this, the wisest of all blogs! Click on the images to read more.
1. What Would They Know – Natalija Brunovs of I Heart Weddings 2. Expert Picks – Vendor’s Favourites – Paperless Wedding 3. Expert Advice – Surviving Summer Weddings – A Guide to Beating the Heat 4. Expert Advice – Top Ten Bridal Trends for 2014 This Week On Polka Dot Made
Polka Dot Made is your source for all things handmade including weekly DIY projects to make for your wedding or engagement.
1.Etsy Roundup – Pink Paper Flowers 2. Tuesday Type – Brandon Printed 3. DIY Tutorial – Glitter Hanger Tutorial 4. Cocktail Friday – Eau De Vie’s Nature’s Cuppa Nature’s Summer Punch This week on Polka Dot Honeymoons
The wedding is over, the dust has settled and now it’s time to get away from it all! Find resort reviews, inspiration and real honeymoons every week on Polka Dot Honeymoons.
Polka Dot Groom is dedicated to all things groom. Inspiration, advice and style for the Australian groom.
Are you perhaps looking for a no-fuss ceremony or a fun renewal of your vows? Then the Pop-Up Wedding happening at the Lightspace warehouse venue in Brisbane on April 1. Bringing together some of the state’s best vendors, this will be a day like no other, where you and your partner can get hitched in style, with a low key celebration and no hoo-haa. Included is:
- married by celebrant Josh Withers
- some fab photos with one of Brisbane’s best wedding photographers: Josh from Jessie Dains
- some really cool styled backdrops with props and what-not, this month’s pop-up is from Amini Concepts
- lovely flowers from Bouquet Boutique
- your own J Lo – wedding coordination from white+white weddings and events
- a slice of cake
- glass of champers
- unlimited high-fives
All for $880!
If this sounds like something you’d love, then head to their website for more info!
Are you a water-loving bride or groom? Then the first ever Wedding Showcase from Cruise Events in Circular Quay West may just find you the venue you’ve been looking for! Join the team for an afternoon of treats, tips and wedding day inspiration whilst taking in the stunning waterside location and handy hints from a selection of wedding industry professionals. You’ll also receive complimentary bubbles on arrival, light canapés, gift bags & lucky door prizes.
Are you a budding wedding-planner, or a bride-to-be planning your big day? Then this may be the perfect workshop for you! Event Planner Kim Alfeldi of The White Idea and Celebrity Planner Lynette Bolton of LCB Productions have launched “The Wedding Planner Workshop”; with special guests Henry Roth, Rachel Bentick and Tegan Burford dropping in to share their wealth of knowledge with you, along with a jam-packed schedule!
To find out more about this fantastic event, and to register your interest, head to the website!
A gorgeous wedding to round out this week, from the very talented Gemma Bauman . What’s not to love about Marita and Greg’s island glamour wedding? Just beautiful!