Floral backdrop created by Hartmann Studios photo by Therese Jacinto via Craft & Couture
Paper flowers are such an incredible way to decorate your wedding and the picture above, which has been one of my favourites for a long time shows just how breathtaking they can look.
From chic candle lit backdrops in one hue, to bright and bold posies, arches and table centrepieces. Small scale, to giant and overwhelming – the intricacy and delicacy is entirely customisable to your own wedding and its style. I love that one simple thing that we use every day can be turned into something stunningly beautiful.
Far from being a DIY only option, there are plenty of artisans creating incredible paper flower features that you can purchase for your own wedding.
My favourite flower ideas?
For your personal look…
- Wear paper flowers in your hair
- Carry a bouquet of paper blooms.
- Carry one large paper flower instead of many small ones
- Create paper flower boutonnieres and corsages
For your ceremony…
- Create a floral arch or hang masses of paper flowers to frame your ceremony spot
- Tie paper flowers to each chair or church pew
- Create a paper flower chandelier to hang over your heads as you say your vows
- Welcome guests with a paper flower arch way
- Have flower girls carry large paper blooms
For the reception…
- Welcome guests with a floral arch over your reception entrance
- Sprinkle paper flowers over your tables or throughout your centrepieces
- Dot giant paper flowers throughout the gardens for cocktail hour
- Create a paper flower wall (like the one above) as the focal point for your bridal table
- Gift each guest a paper flower to add a little wedding colour to each fancy frock
- Adorn your cake with paper blooms
- Hang garlands of paper blooms over the tables
- Create large flower heads and place down the tables as a floral table runner
- Adorn the back of the newlywed’s chairs with paper flower garlands
Need more ideas? Check out some of my favourite photos of paper flowers below!
1. Paper wedding bouquet by The Crimson Poppy 2. Paper flower arch photo by Rylee Hitchner via Green Wedding Shoes3. Paper flower backdrop by Lovelyfest Events 4. Paper wedding bouquet photo by Swoon Over It Photography via Inspired By This 5. Giant crepe paper rose via Studio DIY 6. Photo by Maria Farrelly via Cwtch The Bride 7. Giant paper flowers photo by Brooke Courtney Photography via DIY Bride 8. Photo by Clayton Austin via Ruffled 9. Photo by Ashley Rose via Hostess With The Mostess 10. Paper flower wall by Balushka Paper Floral Artistry, photo by Sarah McKenzie Photography via Ruffled 11. Giant flower tutorial from Ruche at Design*Sponge