This Easter, here’s a fun way to ask your girls to be your bridesmaids without spending more than loose change. To make your secret message eggs, you will need:
- Small gift box
- Craft knife, ruler and cutting mat (or use scissors)
- Acrylic paint and brush
- Double-sided tape (or glue stick)
- Small bowl
Before you start:
- Download the free printable message and labels.
- Blow your egg. Start by poking a small hole in each end of an egg using the skewer. Over a small bowl, blow as hard as you can until all the contents have been emptied. Fill with water, swish around and empty. Allow to dry inside and out.
1. Print out the downloadable sheet and trim the labels and messages down to size. Stick the ‘amazing chick’ label inside the lid of the box using double-sided tape.
2. Roll up the message strip as tightly as you can and insert into one of the holes.
3. Paint the entire egg in a solid colour (hint: place it on the skewer for easy painting and drying) and allow to dry. Using a fine brush, add polka dots in a contrasting paint colour. Allow to dry.
4. Roll up a small piece of your offcut paper to form a funnel. Pour in a couple of teaspoons of glitter.
Place the egg in the box and it’s ready to present to the special chicks in your life and ask the question “will you be my bridesmaid?”
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.Credits
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.