Even the thought of this is yummy! Fruit to use could be grapes – both purple and green, apricots, peaches, apples, pears, and figs. Think of varying the sizes of your fruit to add interest. Brush fruit all over with egg white and dip into fine grained sugar and place on paper. Don’t use them until they are completely dry. The colours of your fruit instantly become soft and the effect on your table setting will be instant glamour!
Pile the fruit on silver or glass dishes in abundant arrangements in the centre of your tables. Surrounded by vases of soft coloured flowers or bulbs and dainty leaves such as ferns, this tableau will bring gasps of admiration from your guests.
Think of using the fruit piled into footed silver or glass stands on your dessert table. Or placed in baskets with autumn leaves and berry branches in a more rustic setting.
Arranged, spilling over the edges of your cake tiers, or simply jumbled around the cake layers is another way of displaying sugared fruit.
2. Photo by From Me To You
3. Sugared fruit centrepiece from BHG
4. Sugared fruit photo by Mississippi Sisters
6. Sugared fruit tower by Martha Stewart
7. Sugared pears from Martha Stewart
8. Sugared fruit with candles from Redbook Mag
9. Lemon centrepiece from Martha Stewart
11. Chocolate Chestnut cake from Martha Stewart