1. Veils – I am a huge romantic at heart and I think a veil can really add some excitement to the wedding day. It is a very ‘bridal moment’ to have the veil billow behind you in that perfect picture… just wow! Image courtesy of Katie Farrell Photography
2. Mint Photography – Designing for many other fashion houses before opening my own, I have been working with Mint for a long time! They are such a team, reliable, fun – and somehow leave every wedding with guests in love with them!
3. Naked Cakes – I don’t think this needs any further explanation! Wedding cakes really needed some excitement and naked cakes are not only beautiful but delicious too! I love being able to see inside the cake and so happy not to have to eat fruit cake. Image courtesy of Katie Farrell Photography
4. Shoes of Prey – I can’t take all the credit for my new found love for Shoes of Prey – my brides introduced them to me first! You are able to custom make your own shoe (bridal included) to suit your gown- they are incredibly comfortable and have amazing customer service! I love the option to engrave under the sole with your new names!
5. Lace – As a wedding dress designer I love fabric! The perfect fabric and the perfect fit is the difference between a normal wedding dress and one that you will remember forever. I spend a lot of time finding the absolute best in silks and laces, the same people who made all the lace for The Great Gatsby made the lace as pictured above. It is all hand beaded in Paris and feels so soft against the skin! Image by Moira Hughes Boutique
Ms Gingham says: Naked cakes, lace and veils… a few of my favourite things too!
Moira of Moira Hughes Couture: “You can ask a woman of any age or nationality what her wedding dress looked like and 50 years later she will be able to tell you every detail. That’s why I love bridal, the whole experience. It is so special to be involved in making a woman feel more incredible than she ever thought possible.”