Today I would like to introduce the first of one of our new tutorials – the Hair and Make-Up Master Class. With so many new and different looks and styles coming through from the runway shows and “red carpet extravaganzas”, we thought we’d better talk to the experts to see how you can “get the look” for wedding-day glamour!
For our first Master Class, I chat with the lovely Kate at Quince and Mulberry Studios, who has recently taken some beautiful photographs for leading make-up artist, Alannah Pritchard.
“At Quince and Mulberry Studios, we love working with make up artists – I can’t tell you how many different shades of red lipstick we’ve seen!!! Trending for bridal makeup right now is a fresh natural look with a glowing luminous finish. In this tutorial, Alannah shows you how to achieve gorgeous fresh, glowing and luminous skin, with minimal eye shadow, classic eyeliner and beautiful lashes. This look, paired perfectly with a pretty contrast pop-lip-colour, is so versatile and suitable for all brides to be!”
1. Freshly cleanse and tone skin and apply a makeup primer.
2. Apply a liquid foundation and conceal around the eye area – and any other skin concern areas.
3. Contour with a crème bronzer, highlight the high points of cheeks and apply a light amount of crème blush to the apples of your cheeks.
4. Apply powder foundation through the T-zone which will set all of the crème work.
5. Apply eye-liner.
6. Apply a coat of mascara (waterproof is essential for the big day!)
7. Apply false lashes for gorgeous extra volume.
8. Define and fill through eyebrows.
9. Apply lipstick! And the flawless look is complete!
Thanks Kate for your lovely photographs! This flawless look is simple to do yourself – even as “going out make-up” – but Alannah’s not far away if you would like a professional finish on your big day!
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.