For the third article in our Hair and Make-Up Master Class series, we look at creating whimsical waterfall braids.
This is a very romantic style of braid as small pieces of hair cascade from the braid and flow down to softly meet the other hair. With the summer months approaching, it would suit a casual beach or boho wedding style.
1.Wash and dry hair.
2. Section hair as shown.
3. Side view of sections.
4. Curl bottom section.
5. Continue curling hair.
6. Completed curl section.
7. Front view of completed curls.
8. Take three sections of hair.
9. Begin in a plaiting motion.
10. With each cross-over of hair, take a new section from the top and add it to the plait.
11. Drop top section through plait and continue this technique until you reach the crown of the hair.
12. Once you have reached the hair crown, secure with a bobby pin and apply hair spray.
13. Repeat steps on the opposite side and secure with bobby pins.
14. Where the two braids meet, push your veil in firmly above the bobby pins.
15. Push the bobby pins into your veil and clip horizontally.
16. Completed waterfall braid look – front view.
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.