At Funkified Entertainment, we receive so many questions from couples about the sorts of things they should do to get their wedding music “just right”. What do we need to tell the DJ? Will the band have their own ideas about what they want to play? What if we really don’t want to hear a certain song from the 1980’s ever again?
That’s why we thought we would put together a few tips to help you organize your music – so your wedding tunes are wonderful, from the music for your processional right through until the last dance!
1) Show your personality! Your music selections can be a great way your wedding. For important moments like your processional, reception entrance and cake cutting, select songs that hold special meaning to you and your partner.
2) Get it in writing. To avoid any confusion or misunderstandings, make sure your band or DJ provides a contract that clearly states the performers start and finish times, the number of performers booked and the number of sets they are doing.
3) What don’t you want to hear? If you feel quite strongly about a particular artist, certain songs or even a decade of music you don’t want played at your wedding, let your band or DJ know when submitting your song choices and they’ll make sure it is not in their set lists.
4) Keep the entertainers in the loop. If you have a certain theme for your wedding that you want reflected in the entertainers’ outfits, or a particular song you really want performed, make sure to give the band/DJ plenty of notice so that they have time to prepare.
5) Trust the professionals. While you should definitely let the band/DJ know what songs and artists you would like to hear on the night, don’t get too caught up in structuring the songs lists to a tee. If you’ve booked a professional group, they’ll have extensive experience at reading the crowd, and knowing what they want to hear, leaving you to just relax and enjoy the music!
Images via Funkified Entertainment
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Helpful tips to ensure your wedding music is just as you expected – and more!
About Funkified Entertainment: Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event, so naturally you want everything to be perfect. When it comes to finding the right music for your special day, Funkified Entertainment can take care of everything, eliminating the stress so you can simply enjoy the celebration. Whether you want people on their feet dancing, laid back grooves, or sophisticated strings, we can match you and your partner with the perfect wedding entertainment.