1. The first dance. I adore everything about this incredible shot captured by Milque Photography and Films of this very talented dancing duo.
From the perfect composition of this image with the ceiling drapes and opulent chandeliers framing the couple, to the guests cheering enthusiastically in the background. I have no doubt a lot of planning and practice went in to pulling this dance move off and the happy couple are now rewarded with this very impressive image and wonderful memories.
2. The Hollywood style back bender first kiss. You really get a feeling of romance and a sense of the love this couple share in this image beautifully captured by Dreamlife Photos and Video. You can imagine the guests cheering and applauding as the groom Justin dips his bride Katie, and the bridesmaids wave their bouquets in the air!
My husband Jamie was the celebrant for this couple and I love that he got well and truly out of shot (as always) for the photographers to capture this magical moment. I also love the fresh greenery styled arch, designed by the bride who is a very talented florist.
3. Floral Arches. I am absolutely besotted with this fresh floral arch by Brisbane Wedding Decorators which was covered in beautiful fresh oversize Columbian roses and perfectly complements the couple’s white wedding theme. Image by Laura Slade Photography
4. OMG the wedding cake just toppled off the table!!! Actually it was all part of the plan. My gorgeous couple, Gabbi and Dan love to laugh and have fun and they knew they wanted their wedding full of fun and laughter. Nothing stiff, boring or predictable.
Something about the traditional cutting of the cake just didn’t feel right to them, so together with their equally fun loving photographers from Naomi V Photography they came up with a plan to trick their guests in to thinking they knocked the cake off the table.
So they got a pretend polystyrene cake and had that iced so it looked like the real deal. As the cake cutting took place and the cake went flying off the table, the photographers captured the shocked look on the guests faces! Seeing Gabbi and Dan smirking then burst in to laughter raised suspicions and a guest ran up to the cake and confirmed they had all been tricked!
We love it when our couples do things their way and this was a great example of that and made for a series of hilarious photos too.
5. Flower walls. It was such an amazing experience to be a guest of honour at the Karen Tran Gala dinner in Brisbane hosted by Celebrations by Alysia and florals by Bella Bloom Floral Designs. What you can see behind me here is a spectacular floor to ceiling water colour inspired flower wall and it was simply breathtaking! Image via Brisbane City Celebrants
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such a fun and pretty list of favourites – I love the wedding cake trick!
About Brisbane City Celebrants: We are a modern, happy and passionate Wedding Celebrant duo that simply LOVE celebrating love!