Baby, it’s cold outside! Yes, winter has hit and spring and summer wedding planning is in full swing. But if you’re newly engaged and you’ve found yourself suddenly dreaming of a winter wedding, here are 10 reasons why you should book one in:
1. Your bank account will thank you. Less demand for winter weddings means better deals.
2. Likewise, with less demand, you’re just about guaranteed your dream venue and preferred date. And you’ll be spoilt for choice when choosing suppliers – the better ones are more likely to be free in the colder months.
3. You can (sort of) predict the weather, meaning your best bet is to rule out an outdoors ceremony. Start planning a cosy, candlelit, indoors ceremony instead.
4. Your bouquet and floral arrangements will last longer in the chilly conditions.
5. Brides, your hair and makeup is likely to last longer without the heat and humidity. And think of how comfortable your groom and groomsmen will be in their suits if the weather’s cooler.
6. You can design your dream winter wedding dress while keeping cosy with some stylish accessories – think elegant lace sleeves or faux fur shawls and wraps.
7. Who needs a glass of bubbly on arrival when you can serve your guests a warm mulled wine with their canapes, or even a hot chocolate.
8. Your photos will be amazing. Grey skies, soft and warm light and no squinting in the summer sun – that’s a photographer’s dream.
9. Winter in Australia means summer in Europe – hello fabulous honeymoon abroad!
10. Let’s admit it, there’s something very romantic about snuggling up to your loved one on a cold, winter’s day!
Ms Chinoiserie Says: I love winter weddings – elegant gowns with lace sleeves are so very graceful!
About Melissa Cornwall Marriage Celebrant: I love weddings and I love what I do. As a celebrant, my job is getting to know couples and crafting memorable marriage ceremonies – and that’s always such a pleasure and privilege.