Fraser Island is the definitive tropical island getaway for honeymooners! This stunning piece of paradise is home to world famous stretches of beaches, lush rainforests, adventure tours and amazing wildlife – and that’s just the start! It’s no wonder couples are falling in love all over again with the island where you can enjoy scrumptious food (and cocktails!) set against the backdrop of picture perfect sunsets. Romantic bliss! Every corner of Fraser is filled with spectacular sights and things to experience – here are six things to love…
1. Romantic picnics. There are plenty of hidden little nooks and outlooks all over the island to enjoy a picnic just for two! Order a hamper from Kingfisher Bay Resort and take a romantic self-guided stroll – or choose a personalised tour – and indulge in some special treats on the beach or in a private corner of the island with your new husband! Image by Rob Annersley
2. Love-ly adventures. Get your adrenalin pumping with your partner and take on the Great Island Walk or go fishing on 75 Mile Beach. Go on a look out for dingoes, take a 4WD tour, or head out to spot whales, sharks and rays – there’s plenty to get you out of your comfort zone! Image via Life On Fraser Island
3. Taste sensations. Expand your taste buds and try something local and different with a degustation created with indigenous bush ingredients. The chefs at Seabelle Restaurant draw inspiration from the island’s indigenous Butchulla tribe, incorporating seasonal local produce, island living and Australian bush tucker. Image via Kingfisher Bay Resort
4. Kilometres of soft white sand. Take long romantic walks along the many pristine beaches, 4WD along the renowned 75 Mile Beach or run the soft silica sand through your fingers next to the heart shaped Lake Mackenzie. Watching for sea turtles laying their eggs is special too. Wherever you are on Fraser Island, you are sure to be close to a beach! Image via Queensland.com
5. Getting wet. As you’re on an island, you’re bound to get your toes wet eventually! Choose to do it by floating in a tube down Eli Creek, swimming in a natural jacuzzi at The Champagne Pools, trying your hand at traditional water sports or diving in the fresh waters of Lake Mackenzie. Image via Preshanova
6. Insta-worthy snaps. Fraser Island provided the most stunning views for those perfect honeymoon romance snaps! Climb Indian Head for spectacular coastal backdrops, pose in front of the sunset over the Great Sandy Strait, shoot the coloured sands of The Pinnacles or snap the SS Maheno shipwreck on the eastern beach. Image by Bernd Hildebrandt
Ms Chinoiserie Says: A picnic on a remote stretch of beach sounds like my idea of honeymoon bliss!