At gm photographics, we are often contacted by brides to be and bridesmaids trying to track down a particular dress they have seen in one of our photographs. So we went through some of our favourites this season to share!
An overwhelming trend that we have seen has been full length gowns for a more formal and sophisticated after five look. Soft pastels have also been leading the charge when it comes to bridesmaid dress choices – including soft creams, beige, gold and dusty pink which often complement the bride’s gown choice.
Once you’ve found your dream bridesmaids’ dresses, it’s time to turn your attention to capturing great memories of you all on the day. Here are some great tips for your bridesmaids when it comes to photography:
- Ensure their hair and makeup is complete before the photographer arrives.
- Label each dress and shoes with their name – cute labels can be great for photos too!
- Have a hanger to have the dresses all arranged with the shoes for great detail shots.
- Pre-plan undergarments for under the dresses; you don’t want any last minute surprises!
- Ask the bridesmaids to all be dressed before you; this allows them to help you and enables your photographer to get some great photos of you getting ready.
- Keep on hand an emergency kit for the dresses – including scissors, double stick tape, needle and thread, spare buttons and wet wipes for makeup smudges!
- Ensure shoes are worn in – painful heels will show in the girls’ facial expressions.
All images by gm photographics
Ms Chinoiserie Says: So many beautiful dresses – and beautiful bridesmaids! I love the elegance of the full length designs.
About gm photographics: Our handpicked team of photographers have an innate ability to connect and capture. With a photo-journalistic style, we absolutely love what we do! Together with our dedicated in-house creative team, we’ll help you plan the perfect shoot and ensure it flows flawlessly. Our award-winning photography is all about you. Your wedding. Your family. Your special someone.