At Simply Brides, we’re all about fulfilling every girl’s dream. Our mission is to provide each of our brides a wedding gown that is of the highest quality – that not only looks beautiful but feels utterly comfortable on their special day. Sometimes our brides mention to us that attending the appointments at bridal boutiques (anywhere from three to ten!) can be a little overwhelming, so we’ve put together our top five tips on how to make it through dress appointments – and to have a wonderful fun time along the way!
1. Do your research on styles or silhouettes that you like before your dress appointment. Don’t know where to start? Try to keep your venue and theme in mind. Will the dress style go with the theme or venue of my wedding reception? For example, a simple a-line dress may be a better fit for a garden wedding compared to a more extravagant, ball gown dress.
2. Try dresses in three different styles to figure out what you like and don’t like. For example, A-line, ball gown or mermaid. You’ll be surprised that most dresses need to be tried on and can look quite different to being on the rack.
3. Go to an appointment with a budget in mind. Have a chat with your partner before you attend a dress fitting. Keep a realistic expectation of your budget on what you like and how much it would cost to achieve it.
4. Decide what you love for yourself. Often we see the bride’s mother, sister or best friend trying to make the decision for them. You may regret this decision later. Listen to your heart, choose the gown that speaks to you.
5. Choosing your gown should be a fun and pleasurable experience. Take it in your stride, do some research in advance and try on the styles that will suit your budget, theme and venue.
Images by We Are Origami
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Great advice about trying on more than one design; a style that you thought might not suit you may just end up being “the one”.
About Simply Brides: Our gowns offer a classic, timeless look with a modern twist and are crafted from the highest quality imported fabrics, luxury lace and beading from all around the world. Making an appointment allows us to give you the best possible service with uninterrupted private time and our dedicated consultants will give you the best professional advice to help find the perfect gown to suit your style and body shape.