Brides spend countless hours preparing all of the smallest details for the wedding day. And as photographers, the more special details we have to photograph the better.
Besides images of our beautiful brides and grooms and their family and friends, our albums are full of visual details as they help tell the complete story of the day. It is all of these special touches that make a wedding unique and we love it when our couples go the extra mile to include heirloom pieces, romantic love letters and antique jewellery. It also extends to the reception where we see old family photo frames, gorgeous florals and spectacular favours.
Here are some great tips for ensuring that every minute detail is captured on your special day:
- Clean mirrored and window surfaces so we can photograph using reflections.
- Have all of your jewellery cleaned and find any original packaging to show the branding and ring box.
- Keep your dress tag.
- Personalised or branded dress hangers will help make your dress look amazing.
- Have a new fresh perfume bottle.
- Ensure you have allowed enough time to get ready as well as have the details photographed before you are dressed and ready to walk out the door.
- Have your guests enter the reception after it has been photographed – so you can remember it in all it’s grandeur!
- Ask for your flowers to arrive before the photographer.
- Have a checklist of all of the items that are important to you for the photographer so you won’t miss a thing.
All images by gm photographics
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such beautiful images – and helpful advice to ensure that all of those lovely details are photographed and never forgotten!
About gm photographics: Our handpicked team of photographers have an innate ability to connect and capture. With a photo-journalistic style, we absolutely love what we do! Together with our dedicated in-house creative team, we’ll help you plan the perfect shoot and ensure it flows flawlessly. Our award-winning photography is all about you. Your wedding. Your family. Your special someone.