A bride and groom’s worst fear is what to do and where to go if it rains on their wedding day. At gm photographics, we always have a back up weather plan to make sure we can still achieve amazing and creative shots no matter what mother nature throws our way!
Here are some great tips to be prepared, and above all else, remain calm!
- Have spare shoes or cute gumboots if you need to walk in puddles and wet grass
- Make sure your photographer provides beautiful, large plain umbrellas that look great in photos.
- Buy some Starlettos for heels on wet grass for the bride and bridesmaids
- Look at your hairstyle and ask yourself will it hold up to wind and rain?
- Make sure your makeup artist uses some great setting spray.
- Purchase photography permits for indoor venues prior to the day as a backup. We love the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney for wet days.
- Ensure your photographer has weather resistant equipment.
- Scope out some wet weather locations for yourself and talk about it with your photographer and check the timings to get to and from each one.
- If you have an outdoor ceremony booked, have a backup location that is weather proof.
- Be more flexible with time and have the option to take photographs during your reception inside. There are often interesting rooms, undercover balconies and verandahs that offer shelter from the rain.
- Have towels in the wedding cars on case you need to dry off
- Book a wedding planner who can help you with the running of the day and can assist should the weather turn bad.
Don’t be afraid to get a little bit wet. Use the opportunity to snuggle and cosy up together – it will make for beautiful, romantic photos. Relax and enjoy the day no matter what the weather does; remember what the day is all about – plus, it’s good luck for rain on your wedding day.
All images by gm photographics
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Rain really isn’t so bad – the trick is to be prepared; towels in the car and a touch up of make up will get you through the stormiest of days!
About gm photographics: Our handpicked team of photographers have an innate ability to connect and capture. With a photo-journalistic style, we absolutely love what we do! Together with our dedicated in-house creative team, we’ll help you plan the perfect shoot and ensure it flows flawlessly. Our award-winning photography is all about you. Your wedding. Your family. Your special someone.