Many of the romantic tales we hear at Lure involve a connection to the ocean – the couple worked together on a boat when they first met, they sailed together when they were kids or their first date was a boating trip out to the islands; these beautiful stories of love are all too common. So, what better way to celebrate that love affair with the ocean than by adding some nautical inspiration to your wedding day. Here are our top 5 things to include in a nautical themed wedding.
1. Tying the knot. As you will be literally ‘tying the knot’, then why not symbolize this with a knot tying ceremony. Whilst sand and flower ceremonies are relatively common, becoming increasingly popular are knot tying ceremonies. We love the idea of adding this sailor’s tradition to a nautically themed wedding and tying a simple knot together as part of your ceremony has a unique and personalised feel.
2. Add a splash of blue. White and blue are synonymous with the sea, sailing and all things marine. Whilst blue might not be a traditional wedding colour, a blue napkin, a blue name place card or a splash of blue in your bouquet could be the perfect link with your nautical theme.
3. Barefoot on a boat. Arrive in style on your own private yacht. Kick off your shoes and relax before the ceremony with your bridal party. Ask your wedding co-ordinator to providing contacts for some of the gorgeous private yachts berthed at nearby marinas, allowing you to make the entrance of a lifetime.
4. Sail boat photos. What better way to embrace a nautical theme, than staging some wedding photos on a sailing yacht. Whether it be docked in the marina or under sail on the aqua waters, a wedding shoot on a yacht will be sure to capture some magical photos which will be a talking point for many years to come.
5. Groomsman boat shoes. Whether the groomsmen are going to be suited up or casually attired, a coordinating boat shoe could add that nautical pop to any outfit. Whether you chose a bold, standout colour or go with the traditional navy/ tan, what a great way to get the guys involved with your nautical theme!
Whether you choose to go all out with the nautical theme, or add a subtle touch of the sea, we wish fair winds, calm seas and romance to all!
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such a beautiful wedding theme – and so well suited to your dreamy location on the marina!
About Lure: If the thought of a sophisticated Whitsundays’ waterfront reception venue arouses your curiosity, we invite you to explore Abell Point Marina located in one of the most iconic destinations in Australia. Picturesque waterfront views overlooking the Whitsunday Islands encompass turquoise sea vistas by day, ever-changing hues of pink and orange at sunset and the twinkle of yachts on the water by night.