When making those important decisions during the planning stage of your wedding, at Couture Wedding Planning, we think there are some really important things for couples to know which will make the journey so much easier! Here are my top tips for things to think about when selecting your venue, gown and photographer.
Tips for selecting your reception venue
· Make sure you know if there is a minimum spend or minimum number of guests before signing the contract.
· Always read the entire contract!!!
· Always have a final meeting with you venue and communicate everything you would like to see happen on your wedding day.
· Always drop off all your personal items – such as place cards – to the venue during the week before the wedding; make sure that your venue makes a note of everything that has been delivered.
Tips for selecting your gown
· Find out how long will the gown take to make and arrive in store.
· Find out if there are any progressive payments that need to be made over the wedding planning period.
· Check if alterations are included or excluded from the price of the dress.
Tips for choosing your photographer
· Always meet the photographer you will have on your wedding day – either at the initial meeting or the final meeting.
· Also check how many hours they are hired for against your wedding day timeline; double check that the time the photographer is due to leave is after the formalities such as speeches, cake cutting and the first dance.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Minimum spends at venues and when to make progressive gown payments are both important things to know; thank you so much for your helpful advice Fiona!
About Couture Wedding Planning: Hi, I’m Fiona from Couture Wedding Planning. Your wedding is an incredible day of love, emotion and above all a celebration for you, your partner and all your guests to enjoy! I’m very passionate about every detail of your magical wedding. It is our mission to mould and shape your vision so that your wedding reflects you as a couple, without the stress of planning it yourself.
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.