The Yarra Valley is seriously stunning, right? And it really is the perfect setting, with magical scenery, for a wedding. What other location can offer unlimited vistas and views of gently rolling vineyards, glowing amber sunshine, oh and did we mention it’s utterly R-O-M-A-N-T-I-C? Yep. Romance is in the air at the Yarra Valley and we love it all the much more for it.
This idyllic wine-loving, gourmet-food producing paradise is only a one hour drive from uber-cool Melbourne. Are you sold on the destination already? At Yarra Valley Lodge, we’ve decided to put together our Top 10 tips for creating a non-cookie cutter wedding (for those of you looking for something a little different).
1. For an outdoor wedding with a bit of luxe, have a cosy nook for dance breaks and those guests wanting to chill out. Soft chairs, sofas, pillows and fluffy throws will make it into a bit of a VIP area to sip your bubbles and catch up.
2. The Yarra Valley is synonymous with hot air balloons. Why not use these glorious modes of transport to get your guests to the reception. Seriously COOL.
3. On each table setting, give each guest a personalised CD with a collection of favourite songs that you and your beloved have put together.
4. For guests that are staying overnight, arrange a game of golf on the day after your wedding. At Yarra Valley Lodge we are located on not one, but two, 18 hole championship golf courses. A perfect way for the gents to spend the following morning!
5. Put together a favour/welcome bag with a difference. Full of Yarra Valley gourmet produce, mini bottles of wine and vouchers for wine tours for some inspiration.
6. Child care is child’s play! If you choose to have a family-friendly affair, hire a room with a nanny and fit it out with DVDs, bean bags, blankets and creative art kits. Choose a room close to reception so parents can check on kids easily throughout the night.
7. Make-Your-Own Bubbly bar. Set out a champagne table with crushed fruit mixes, mint/herbs and ice. Guests can mingle and make their own cocktails!
8. Lighting can enhance the mood! Why not hire projectors for lighting with a difference. Project falling leaves, snow or even words that will grab your guests’ attention.
9. Video booth. Instead of the on-trend photo booth that is all the go, why not have a private video booth! Guests can say a few words to the bride and groom – which you can edit later and share online post-wedding. Surely a few laughs to be had in that …
10. Music. Instead of a traditional string quartet, why not hire a mariachi band or even a barbershop or jazz ensemble. Music will get the mood grooving in the right direction.
Whether you are looking for the fairy lit, under the stars, outdoor type of wedding, or the more formal indoor seated kind, the Yarra Valley offers it all!
Images by Rosa Photography
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such a beautiful spot for a wedding. And I love the idea of arriving at a wedding in a hot air balloon – unforgettable!
About Yarra Valley Lodge: Beautifully appointed and set at the foothills of the stunning Yarra Ranges, Yarra Valley Lodge is positioned in an area of outstanding natural beauty surrounded by superb manicured gardens and rolling green hills. Yarra Valley Lodge is a perfect destination for your wedding – whether it be boutique and intimate or large cocktail celebrations – featuring magnificent reception venues with an idyllic natural backdrop all within a comfortable drive from Melbourne.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: