The right hair accessory for your big day should make you feel special. Whether you opt for a bridal comb, wreath, pin or veil, your choice will individualise your look and make it truly yours.
We feel so very lucky at La Belle to have the opportunity to handcraft unique bridal hair accessories that help our beautiful brides pull their vision together for their wedding. It’s an honour to play such an important role in one of the most significant days of their lives.
Every bride is different, but generally, the right hair accessory chooses itself.
Whether it is Swarovski encrusted or adorned in fine lace and pearls, the right piece will naturally complement your dress, hairstyle and your personality.
It’s never too early to start looking for the right piece for your wedding and we hope these four tips give you no doubt which style will suit you.
- Buy your dress first: From our experience, choosing your hair accessories after you have chosen your wedding gown helps to tie your overall look together. We love creating unique and versatile pieces using a mixture of top quality materials, colours, and styles so you can find the right look to elegantly complement your dress. However, there’s no harm looking for your favourite hair pieces before you find the right dress – it just adds to your overall inspiration for your special day.
- Choose your hairstyle: It’s not essential to have decided upon your hair style before choosing your hair accessories, however having an idea of how you would like your hair to be styled – elegantly down or in a beautiful up-do – will make your choice easier.
- Choose your metal right: When it comes to choosing between a gold, rose gold or silver headpiece, opt for a metal finish that suits the tone of your dress and skin and use the same choice for your jewellery.
- Stay true to yourself: Your choice should always come down to who you are. If the style of hair accessory that you choose isn’t a natural fit for your personality, it will really stick out in photographs and on the day. Be true to yourself and the right piece will follow.
- You can wear a veil and a headpiece: We have many brides who decide to change it up by wearing a silk veil with a beautiful headpiece, creating a unique and individual style that looks absolutely stunning. If you simply can’t choose, then why not have both?
We hope this advice puts you on the path to finding the right piece. If you’ve browsed our extensive range of gorgeous hair accessories and need some more advice or help to find the right style for you, please don’t hesitate to leave us a question in the comments.
Ms Polka Dot says: Such pretty accessories add a delicate touch to your wedding dress – it will be hard to choose.
La Belle The Label: I am the designer and maker over at La Belle. We specialise in handcrafted bridal accessories. We have been in business for over 6 years and would like to share our experience with brides to be to make the process of choosing bridal accessories a bit easier.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: