On the eve of Valentines’ Day, we thought what better way to round up 25 fun feel good Valentines Day ideas to inspire your own fun celebration? There is not a red rose in sight on the list- it’s full of fun ideas that are easy to execute, sometimes a little silly and very heartfelt.
- Cut your morning toast into a heart shape
- Whip up your beloved’s favourite cocktail for after five drinks
- Run a hot bath, add bubbles!
- Hide handwritten love notes all over the house
- Fill your favourite room in the house with balloons in shades of pink and red
- Bake a heart shaped cake (fill with jam and cream of course!)
- Make an old-fashioned mixtape (Spotify playlist?) of your favourite songs
- Surprise your beloved with their favourite chocolate bar
- Eat dinner on a picnic rug on the floor. Be sure to add candles.
- Turn your living room into a dance floor. Turn off the lights and turn on the music- daggy dance the night away!
- Make strawberry milkshakes and top them up with at least three scoops of ice cream. Adorn with red sprinkles.
- Pick a bunch of blooms from your own garden and pop them in a vase
- Hire your favourite movie and pack in all the snacks- popcorn, icy cold slushies and choc tops for an at-home movie night.
- Make heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and load them with strawberry sauce
- Write a love letter, on paper, with a pen.
- Find your blankets and pillows and stargaze
- Find a beach for a hot serving of fish and chips on the sand
- Eat ice cream cones while wandering in your favourite park
- Eat dinner by candlelight
- Plan an at-home spa night, complete with cucumber slice eye masks
- Cut your lunchtime sandwiches into love hearts
- Head to the beach and build the biggest sandcastle you can master together
- Print out your favourite photos together and string them up around your house
- Build a pillow fort on your living room floor and watch the silliest, corniest movie you can find
- Find a bubble wand and bubble mix and book yourself solid for an hour blowing bubbles.
What about you? What feel-good ideas do you have for Valentines Day?
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: