When we think of Summer cocktails, we think of long, icy drinks that are sweet, fruity and packed full of colour and today’s Pink Grapefruit Paloma? It’s one that checks all these boxes, and more.
The “Paloma” originated in Mexico, where it contends with the margarita for the ultimate cocktail. It’s got the perfect tequila and fruity blend and with a salted rim Is just the ticket for summer celebrations.
It’s nigh impossible to find grapefruit soda and fresh pink grapefruits for this cocktail here, so we used a favourite pink grapefruit juice and added soda, which gives the same citrus tang. You can also completely switch this up with ginger beer instead of soda, and different kinds of fruit-based juices to add to the mix.
- 60ml Tequila
- 60ml Pink grapefruit juice
- 10ml lime
- 10ml sugar syrup
- One lime
- One tablespoon of salt
- Run your cut lime around the edge of your glass and dip into the ground salt to create your salt rim.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine pink grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila and sugar syrup.
- Shake well.
- Into your salted glass, add ice and strain your mixture.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.