Thinking of creating your own menu for your wedding guests? Bursaria; an award-winning boutique caterer at heritage-listed venues, Abbotsford Convent and The Refectory at Werribee Park, bring you a beautiful winter recipe. Consider it for your winter wedding menu or simply cook it up for your sweetheart at home and warm them up from the inside out!
Crispy Skin, roasted boneless chicken fillets, rich mushroom ragout, parmesan and thyme polenta (Serves 2)
350 gms chicken thigh fillet, skin off
1. Flatten the chicken fillet with a meat mallet, cut it in half pieces.
2. Season with salt and pepper, pan fry till you get a golden brown colour.
3. Bake it at 160 for 10 mins or until cooked through.
Soft Parmesan Polenta (Serves 2)
650 mls water
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
150 gms polenta
150 gms grated parmesan
150 mls thickened cream
A pinch of salt
1 sprig of thyme chopped
1. Heat water, cream, salt & thyme, bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and immediately pour in the polenta, in a steady stream, whisking continuously.
3. Stir over VERY low heat with a wooden spoon until cooked out, approx. 20min.
4. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan cheese, add salt to taste.
5. Cover with baking paper (on surface) and glad wrap OR foil.
Mushroom Ragout (Serves 2)
400 gms button mushroom
1 pnts oyster mushroom
1 pnts shitake mushroom
200 gms swiss mushroom
50 gms butter
20 mls olive oi
A pinch of salt
50 mls beef jus
20 mls thickened cream
1. Heat pan with a little oil, when hot, add 3-4 knobs butter.
2. Sauté each mushroom in batches in frying pans, over high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat up the beef jus, add cream and sautéed mushrooms, cook on a low heat till right consistency.
5. Check seasoning.
1. Smear the plate with polenta, place chicken on top of the polenta.
2. Top it with mushroom ragout.
3. Garnish with micro celery and micro red radish.
For more delicious, locally-sourced menus, visit bursaria.com.au.
Ms Zebra: Yum Yum Yum! This looks absolutely delicious – I will be adding it to my list of recipes to try!
About Bursaria: Award-winning catering for Melbourne weddings, functions and events. Celebrate the big and little moments with Bursaria Fine Foods. We’re a boutique catering company using the freshest, seasonal produce to create delicious food concepts. We are the exclusive caterer for weddings & events at two iconic heritage venues – Abbotsford Convent and The Refectory Werribee Park.