When it comes to pre wedding day fanfare it might look like the girls have all the fun. You only need to look to Pinterest and Instagram these days to see that asking a friend to be your bridesmaid has become the new proposal! Then comes the hair and make-up army, silk robes and sentimental Bridesmaids Favours, often in the form of personalised mementos like gorgeous jewellery that can be worn on the big day.
But what about the boys? It can be difficult for a groom to know how to express his thanks to his groomsmen as well as giving them something meaningful. So here’s an idea. Why not kill two birds with one stone (or precious metal) and give your groomsmen a sentimental and practical gift they can keep forever.
Personalised cufflinks are the perfect solution for a groom to groomsman gift, a bride to her groom or even are a stylish option for fashion-forward brides opting for a tailored suit over a gown. When it comes to selecting the perfect pair, it’s important to consider a couple of things.
Firstly, do you want everyone to match? If you’ve decided to buy matching cufflinks, go for a look that bests reflects the style of your wedding. Think about the event theming and try to find a style of cufflink that best reflects this mood. Alternatively, if matching is not your thing, why not choose a style that reflects the personality or taste of each member of your bridal party.
Having decided on the style of cufflink, the next important decision is the personalisation. The options are endless. From monograms, to initials, symbols and dates. So long as the personalisation is thoughtful and easily understood, you’re onto a good thing. Then it’s time to wrap things up with an intimate pre wedding huddle, where you can thank your nearest and dearest mates with lovely, shiny, buttonhole-sized baubles.
Here are our 5 reasons why personalised cufflinks are your one stop shop for the perfect groom to groomsmen or bride to groom gift:
1. Practicality – Cufflinks are often necessary and they complete the look. When it’s time to hit the dance floor and jackets have long been ditched, it’s the cufflinks that are sure to keep the boys looking sharp.
2. Style – A gift of cufflinks saves the embarrassment of having to confiscate the ugly ones from Nanna that someone might have turned up with. Sorry!
3. Logic – It’s simple. This way, it doesn’t matter if your groomsmen forget to bring cufflinks on the day.
4. Forever – Personalised cufflinks serve as a lasting reminder of the occasion long after the wedding is over and the cufflinks have are on heavy rotation with the 9-5 business suits.
5. Investment – Your mates are pretty special after all so it makes sense to gift them something to reflect that. And hey, what comes around goes around. Wink, wink!
About Edenborough Evans: Mornington Peninsula-based jewellery label Edenborough Evans was brought to life by Anna Cowen in 2009. The label has been stocked worldwide including in London’s iconic Harrod’s department store and the National Gallery of Victoria. Edenborough Evans regularly exhibited at Paris’ Premiere Classe, and was proud to be the Australian jewellery industry’s sole representative at the show.
The unique jewels are created through the ‘lost wax cast’ technique. All designs display their signature organic-form aesthetic. Edenborough Evans offers a bespoke hand stamped personalised jewellery collection.
Mention Polka Dot Bride when placing a bridal order with Edenborough Evans and receive 10% off.
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.