Photo by Rae Leytham
Finally, to round off groom’s fashion week. We turn to shoes!
When purchasing shoes for your wedding – ask yourself these questions:
• Do I like the look of the shoe?
• Would I wear these shoes again?
• Is the colour appropriate for the clothes I am wearing?
• Is the style of the wedding outfit casual, informal or formal?
• Do the shoes I have chosen, complement the outfit?
• Have you conferred with your groomsmen about the shoes they are to wear?
• Do you and the groomsmen have socks that match the colour of your shoes?
Leather thongs (flip flops), thongs (flip flops) in a neutral shade like brown or white, canvas sand shoe type shoes, or trainers such as Converse offer an alternative choice for a really casual or beach wedding.
Closed shoes whether slip on or lace up. Shoes may have some detailing such as stitching or perforations. With a light coloured suit Nu-buck (suede-like) shoes in the same colour as the suit may take your fancy.
Again wear the appropriate colour shoes with this suit and tie combo. Black shoes with a brown or light coloured suit are never a good look. Dark navy suits look best with a black shoe, whereas suits veering to the brown colours such as taupe, look best with a brown shoe.
Black Tie/Tuxedo/Morning Suit/Tails
Photo by Bebb Studios
With the tuxedo being black, so the shoes must be black. They should be a plain shiny leather or even patent leather. An ultra formal wedding may have a velvet evening shoe.
Wear converse sneakers, cowboy boots, RM Williams riding boots, rubber thongs, velvet formal evening shoes, two tone shoes – foot wear can add individuality to the wedding. This will depend on the formality and the style of attire you and your bride have chosen for your wedding.
If you are a person who normally wears footwear that is not the norm, it will just cement your sense of style. On the other hand this may be the one day you choose to conform, especially if you are wearing a morning suit, or tails.
Photo by Apertura
- Leave the crocs at home!
- Ensure your shoes are clean and polished
- Consider bringing extra shoe laces just in case one breaks
- Wear them in so they’re comfortable on the day and don’t give you blisters.