The Feast Issue is all about, well a feast. It’s about the most wonderful ideas for your wedding menu and we all know, that we’re not ones to shy away from a good cocktail. So this month, we’ve created jug based cocktails to serve up at your next celebration!
Jug cocktails are the best kind of cocktails for a party (or a wedding!), especially if you’re hosting it yourself. You can make it ahead of time and have it ready when your guests arrive – and all you need to do is pour. More time with your favourite people is always a winner!
A classic Pimms cup is one of my favourite cocktails on a hot day. A high ball glass filled with ice and fresh fruit couldn’t be a better way to enjoy the sunshine. A classic Pimms cocktail is also incredibly easy to make up en masse and just requires a little prep.
Our classic Pimms cup jug recipe is the classic one part Pimms to three parts lemonade, but you can adjust this to taste. Switch in some soda water, or even substitute the lemonade with ginger ale for a little ginger kick. Love gin? You can even add a dash for a little more of a kick. Don’t forget a stripey paper straw for a little extra fun.
(Makes one litre, which serves about five)
- 250ml Pimms
- 750ml lemonade
- One punnet of strawberries sliced
- One cucumber cut into long strips (or sliced)
- One orange, sliced
- Fresh mint
- In a glass jug, add a cup of ice
- Pour in Pimms
- Pour in lemonade
- Stir well
- Smash the mint slightly to release the oils and add to the jug
- Add chopped cucumber, strawberries and orange
- Stir well
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Fill highball glasses with plenty of ice
- Add Pimms cocktail and stir
- Garnish with fresh mint and strawberries