1. Elliot blue floral cotton pocket square from Bowtie & Cotton 2. Rifle paper Co Rosa in Hunter pocket square from Thebelleandthebeau 3. Pink & red pocket squares by HoboTies 4. Decadent blossom pocket square from pompandceremony 5. Midnight garden floral flower pockets square from OTAA6. Serpae pocket square by LandOftheThread
In a month of all things dapper, we couldn’t think of a better cocktail to end The Suit Issue than the classic, old fashioned cocktail. This is the cocktail you need to serve up at the most elegant of weddings, out of crystal low ball glasses, with plenty of toasting and plenty of dancing!
It’s said, that the old fashioned, may be the very first cocktail of all, and it’s deep whiskey flavour coupled with the spice of bitters and a touch of zesty orange conjure up all kinds of magic. Let’s drink to that!
- One sugar cube
- Three drops of bitters
- 5ml water
- 45ml bourbon or rye whiskey
- An orange twist
- Maraschino cherry
- In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, add a sugar cube
- Soak the sugar cube with three drops of bitters
- Add water
- Muddle and stir the concoction until the sugar cube is all but dissolved
- Add whiskey and ice
- Stir well
- Pour into a low ball glass
- Squeeze the oils of your orange skin over the cocktail and stir
- Garnish with the orange twist and or a maraschino cherry
Being vegan doesn’t have mean you compromise when it comes to your dream wedding cake. You should do your research and find an awesome, passionate and creative cake decorator who can help you create your dream wedding cake without compromising on your moral or ethical stance.
Wow your relatives with a cruelty free cake!
The Vegan Masters at Tidbit Cakes have shared this delicious recipe for Vegan Sticky Date Cakes. We dare you not to love them!
Vegan Sticky Date Cakes
You Will Need:
- 200g cheap dates
- 300g hot water
- 1tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 60g vegan butter
- 185g plain flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 150g brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees
2. Chop dates into small pieces with scissors. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle over bi-carb soda
3. Cover with boiling water and set aside
4. In a seperate bowl sift flour and baking powder. Add brown sugar and stir
5. Add Vegan butter to date mixture to melt
6. Once the butter has melted add vanilla and flour mixture to date
7. Mix well by hand until there are no lumps of flour
8. Pour into greased, individual silicone moulds or cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes. Voila!
9. Eat warm with ice cream or cover in vegan caramel sauce.
Ms Zebra Says: If you’re feeling inspired, the lovely Tidbit Cakes have also shared their knowledge on how to order ethical wedding cakes. Or why not revisit our incredible Green Issue, where you can find bucket loads of information on all things eco and environmentally mindful!
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.