Have you read a thousand bridal mags and surfed a million wedding websites? Are you still itching to find that one thing for your wedding day that will really give you something truly awesome to look back on? It’s your day so why not do it your way?1. Holy Matrimony Batman!Petrolheads, comic book fans –
1. Colour – Whilst I am partial to a classic ‘White’ wedding, I get mighty excited when a Bride says she wants to inject colour into her wedding day. I know it can go all kinds of wrong (like when the main colour is Hot Pink, gah!) but, when done well, it’s so very pretty.
Here are a few of my favourite things at the moment.1. My Kikki K Gratitude book. This is an amazing useful book that has inspiring quotes and helps you stop and think of the great things that happen everyday. So as you plan your wedding and you feel everything is getting a bit much, write
1. Colourful wedding dresses – I love weddings that are full of colour including the wedding dress. I got married in a Kingfisher blue rockabilly dress with a black petticoat and black shoes, (maybe I will show you sometime) and was made by New Zealand dress-maker PixiePocket, pictured above. She was amazing, sourcing the beautiful
1. River of Romansk – When I was a bridesmaid for my best friend’s wedding last year, she bought me a dress from River of Romansk on Etsy. It was so exquisite! My friend gave us the link and I visited River of Romansk’s website and fell in love with their whimsical, romantic clothing. The
1. No wedding planning is complete without a good stack of wedding magazines. I have a few favourites and one of them is hitched magazine. Image by simply peachy.2. How cool are these custom cake toppers by Communicake it? Definitely a different take on the traditional cake topper.3. I’m such a sweet tooth so lolly
Image via Begitta Bridal Couture1.What is your favourite Christmas food?Fresh prawns and seafood!2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?The Grinch, closely followed by Miracle on 34th Street3. Your favourite Christmas drink?White Sangria with fresh mint (my mothers recipe!)4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?Setting up the tree with carols and melted hot
As owner of an online wedding business and having organised my own wedding a few years ago, I have come across many fantastic and amazing wedding suppliers/vendors. Below are some of my favourites:1. Say Heidi Photography – A talented photographer who takes amazing and professional photos fitting for an online wedding business.2. Style By Nature
1. These heels by Jimmy Choo via Nordstrom are just stunning! #Jimmy #heartpalpitations2. Now, I’m a wedding florist. You’d think I’d have a fair idea what I’d choose should I ever get proposed to…*sigh. Alas, my mind forever changes! Last week, after quoting for a bride I decided I was in love with lush green
Hi, I am Kate from Quince and Mulberry Studios and these are a few of my favourite wedding vendors that I’d like to introduce you to!1. I first met Zoe, from Love and Adore Stationery at the Confetti Fair in Brisbane in July. I fell in love with her beautiful, elegant design coupled with this she
1. Rebecca from Rebecca Low Designs is one of those vendors who is passionate about creating weddings that tell the bride and groom’s own story through her handmade wedding concept. Brides and grooms can choose to custom design one off pieces such as a wedding cake or bridal accessories or choose to create a full
1. O’Neill & Page wedding photographers. A fantastic combination of two photographers with amazing talent.2. Roc Candy – I love this idea, simple elegant and you can eat it.3. Paul Pennell Photography – story telling photography, South Coast talent to look out for.4. Jaspers, Berry – known as the Woodbyne Hotel – this beautiful old style hotel
Hi! Michelle here from Ettie Ink, creator of bespoke wedding stationery in Adelaide, stopping by to share a few of my favourite things with Polka Dot brides-to-be. I love to see things being done a bit differently, especially when it comes to weddings. Ideas that break away from tradition always catch my eye!Here are some of
I love the bits and pieces of details that make a wedding special and personal, below are a few of my favourite:1. Love the idea of a personalised custom illustrated wedding invitation. The lovely lady from Chicks n Hens create really cute illustration of couples, families and even dogs from photos and descriptions. Photo from
1. This Angel Sanchez gown from his Spring 2014 collection makes it to my “Favourites” list because it is simple yet stunning at the same time. The embroidered floral detail and illusion back really make a statement and I love how this dress does reveal a bit of skin yet still looks elegant and tasteful.2.