Beautiful Australian Bridesmaid Options

by | Bride, Bridesmaids

COMMENTS

Ever since Rose & Ruby announced they were closing up shop for a few seasons, my inbox has been flooded with requests for great Australian bridesmaid options. (Nude colourways and the options of going mismatched were also heavily requested!) I’ve tried to find a wide wide of frocks- from off the rack to made to order in a wide range of prices.

– Look at the brand new bridesmaid designers out there – they’ve picked up on the mismatched, nude colour trends and are tailoring collections specifically for bridesmaids (Ava Madison and Harvey & Ella are two to try)

– Check your favourite non-bridal designers, often (especially around Spring) a designer might do a range of dresses with touches of the same fabric, or the same design in different patterns. (Alannah Hill is great at this)

– Check traditional bridal designers for soft, floaty bridesmaids gowns. Designers like Henry Roth –  each bridesmaid’s dress in a wide range of colours, so you can mix and match styles easily.

Ava Madison

Morrison Clothing

Morrison Beautiful Australian Bridesmaid Options

Henry Roth

Henry Roth. Beautiful Australian Bridesmaid Options

Baccini & Hill

baccini and hill Beautiful Australian Bridesmaid Options

Other brilliant options (and designers depending on season):

Alannah Hill

Chic Collections

Harvey & Ella : (03) 9509 3126

En Rose

Stellini

Matthew Eager

Fleur Wood

Wayne Cooper

Leona Edmiston

Forever New

Jigsaw

Lilli

Eileen Kirby

Review

The list could get endless, so I’d rather hear from you! Tell me dear readers, where did you get your bridesmaids gowns? Where is a good place to look?

COMMENTS
  • Ms Paisley says:
    April 27, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I went with Stellini, but would happily recommend two boutiques – Swish & Green with Envy (for a range of designers) to Melbourne girls. Lisa Ho also does beautiful cocktail gowns which would be perfect for bridesmaids.

• Green and Bloom
    Green and Bloom says:
    April 27, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Love the Sami + Sita dresses! Stunning.

• forget.me.knot.weddings
    forget.me.knot.weddings says:
    April 28, 2010 at 3:08 am

Great finds! Love the Grace & Hart dresses!

• Pickles
    Pickles says:
    April 28, 2010 at 7:51 pm

oh I luuuuuuuurve the Ava Madison dresses. Lucky enough to be having them for my maids. Most beautiful dresses I’ve ever tried on and fit is so flattering. Def reccommend.

• Mel - The Crafty DiY Bride says:
    April 28, 2010 at 9:17 pm

My three bridesmaids all had different dresses: one from Review, one from Seduce and, believe it or not, one from EziBuy! http://www.ezibuy.com.au

• Emma
    Emma says:
    April 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Wow those grace and hart ones are so unique, especially compared with ‘traditional’ bridesmaid styles. But they still maintain that elegance and class you need with a wedding, which is often missing from many chain store options.

I got my girls some classic blue-grey strapless knee length flowy dresses from Stellini. They are very flattering, which is one of the most important factors to me, i want my girls to feel good all day.

• Phats
    Phats says:
    April 29, 2010 at 12:53 pm

WOW!!! The Ava Madison dresses are absolutely stunning! Visited the website and am finding it hard to narrow down my favourites. They’re all fab in their own way. Very excited…

• Polkadot Bride
    Polkadot Bride says:
    April 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm

After I posted this I received an email from Wedding Dress Express who have silk gowns made to order. I’ve added them to the list!

• Vera
    Vera says:
    April 30, 2010 at 12:43 am

This is so helpful. Really loving
    the nude dresses by Ava Madison.

• Peggy
    Peggy says:
    June 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Does anyone know where you can get bridesmaid dresses in pastel colours on a budget of around $150 a dress?

I have 6 bridemaids and i’m paying for the dresses and our own wedding, lets just say a wedding on a budget is a big mission.

• Bride
    Bride says:
    September 4, 2011 at 1:07 am

Peggy, if you are still looking try Forever New they have some gorgeous pastel coloured dresses that would be great for a bridesmaid around that price range

• quick weight loss