We’re so super excited today that a resort we shot is being included in the Academy Award goodie bags as a gift to huge celebrities such as Nicole Kidman!
Dean and I have been lucky enough to visit Huvafen Fushi to photograph the island five times, to create a stunning library of images the island can use in it’s advertising and PR. We took over models on two occasions and styled a number of different scenes around the island, to give people who are viewing the photos, a feeling of what it would be like to really be there.
I can certainly see why celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, who are used to living in luxury, would love to come here!
In a nut shell, here are a few gorgeous touches I loved about our time on the island:
- The Day Spa is underwater so you can watch the fish and swim by while getting a manicure!
- Every room on the island has its own personal plunge pool with fibre optic lights in the base of the pool, which make the pool twinkle like stars at night
- You and your husband can enjoy special “destination dining” in secluded parts of the island, including sitting at your table ankle deep in ankle deep in the infinity pool, or with your own personal chef on a deserted sand bar island!
- Inside the deluxe Ocean Pavilion they have a pool that starts inside your lounge room and then extends out over the deck and ocean. So you can literally swim out of your room and over the ocean.
- You can enjoy a degustation meal with accompanying wine (the only time I have ever tried Grange Hermitage in my life!) underneath the island in their wine cellar which is stocked floor to ceiling with wine and champagne from all over the world.
- Every night when you go to bed, there was a personalised note left on your pillow, hoping that you enjoyed you day!
Ms Polka Dot says: What an exciting day for Inlighten Photography! Huvafen Fushi was featured as part of the Academy Award gift bags! The nominees and award winners all received an all inclusive getaway to Huvafen Fushi Which means celebrities like Nicole Kidman, Annette Benning, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams and Colin Firth will all be taking some time out in the near future at this luxury resort!
Set within it’s own lagoon, I’d never want to leave with that crystal blue view and the amazing facilities available- Oversized King Beds, Frette 300 Thread Count Linens, Plasma Screen and Bose Surround Sound System with DVD Player and butler service are available in every room, of which there are 43. Rooms over water, amongst the gardens, on boats and with private plunge pools leading right into the living areas.
Amazing activities including some of the best snorkeling around, glass bottom boats and kayaks, PADI dive school, dhoni fishing and sailing, fishing wind surfing, fun tubes, motorised and non motorised island sports and and the resort facilities? Second to none with a fully stocked library-lounge, Yoga pavilion, over water gymnasium, outdoor saltwater flotation pool , fibre optic lit infinity pool, under water day spa. There’s a range of restaurants, (including a lively bar and underground cellar) or you can opt for private, destination dining or an isolated beach or the deck of your villa.
It’s no wonder Inlighten Photography found it so easy to photograph the island five times!
Photos by Inlighten Photography