Last time I shared some accessory ideas for your bridesmaids so how about something cute for the littlest member of your bridal party?
You will need:
- Modelling clay (available at art shops)
- Silicone flower mould (if flowers don’t fit your theme there are many other moulds to choose from)
- Hair clip backings
- Hot glue gun
- Baking paper
- Oven tray
1. Break off a small piece of clay.
2. Press firmly into mould, making sure there is no overhang and the surface is flat.
3. Turn the mould upside down and carefully push the centre to loosen the flower.
4. Carefully remove the flower.
5. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Place into preheated 100°C oven and bake for 30 minutes (or according to packet instructions). Remove from oven; allow to cool completely.
6. Place a small dab of hot glue onto the clip’s glue pad.
7. Place the flower onto the glue pad.
8. Gently press down.
Your flowergirl will feel so special wearing something made just for her.
(Don’t have a flowergirl? Use the same technique to make some chunky rings for your ‘maids.)
Our ‘Made’ Contributing Editor, Alicia from Akimbo has given us an easy and quick project that gives stunning results! Visit her blog where she writes about all things creative and cute ATypical Type A
Ms Gingham says: “Every little girl just loves hair clips, rings and pretty things! You could even try making necklaces and bracelets using the same technique. This could also be something that you could do with your flowergirls to make the little ones really feel a part of your day.”