Summer is well and truly here and what better way to enjoy the sunshine than taking a trip to Tropical North Queensland (all in the name of research of course). I seriously think I have found the most romantic place in Queensland to propose. So guys, listen up!
The restaurant is called Far Horizons (part of the Angsana Resort and Spa) and sits smack bang on the beach front at Palm Cove. The idyllic romantic setting takes me back to the Maldives and Mauritius… it’s heaven on earth. At Far Horizons you can book a table for a romantic dinner under the gigantic palm trees on the beach front… then order the love of your life a delicious and exotic Passionista cocktail before asking her to spend the rest of her life with you as your wife. This is definitely a night she will never forget.
Passionista is a tantalizing cocktail with a mix of fresh passionfruit, squeezed lime and cranberry juice, all bought to life with Havana Club Anejo Blanco and Alize Gold Passion.
- 45ml Havana Club Anejo Blanco
- 15ml Alize - Gold Passion (Alize is a blend of natural and exotic juices, passionfruit and cognac).
- 30ml Cranberry Juice
- ½ fresh Passionfruit
- ½ fresh Lime (cut into 4 wedges)
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 dashes Sugar Syrup
Bartender, Antoine, at Far Horizons, works his magic
- In a cocktail shaker mix together the fresh passionfruit pulp, brown sugar, sugar syrup and lime juice (put the lime wedges into the shaker as whole pieces).
- Add the Havana Club and Alize. Shake to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a brandy glass filled with 6-8 ice cubes.
- Hold the glass on an angle and slowly slide the cranberry juice into the glass so that it creates a layer on the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with fresh passionfruit.
- Toast to a life together filled with passion!
1 Veivers Road, Palm Cove Qld 4879