Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

by | Bridal Fashion, Bride

COMMENTS

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013013 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

The vintage inspired creations from Melbourne designer Gwendolynne have long been a favourite of mine and I’m delighted to be able to share straight off the runway shots of her Spring Summer 2013 collection.

Gwendolynne trained at RMIT and officially launched herself as a couture designer in 1998. Her gowns have continually wowed the fashion industry with the designer placing as a finalist in the new designer awards in four consecutive years.  Her gowns are available exclusively at the Gwendolynne Melbourne boutique where she works with a small but talented team creating incredible gowns.

I’m always looking at Gwendolynne’s designs as a kind of understated vintage elegance. The designs are so beautifully reminiscent of yesteryear, but there’s a quiet sophistication to them. The gowns are made with such beauty and care that they suit a bride who is happy to go barefoot, or one who wants to wear sky high heels and plenty of jewels.

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013005 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013010 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013001 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013008 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013009 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013006 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013007 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013002 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013012 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013003 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013014 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013011 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013015 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Gwendolynne Spring Summer 2013004 Gwendolynne Spring/ Summer 2013

Photos from Gwendolynne

COMMENTS
  • Black Lamb Photography says:
    November 13, 2012 at 12:08 am

I love all of the gorgeous wedding dresses. However, the headpieces are not really my cup of tea. But I guess each to his own, right? I do not doubt that many women will love them.

• Sara @ Top Southern Weddings
    Sara @ Top Southern Weddings says:
    November 13, 2012 at 3:48 am

There’s something so classic about these headpieces. Reminds me of weddings in the Middle Ages.

• Paula
    Paula says:
    November 13, 2012 at 8:39 am

it’s a shame… the head cap things i think…. i was so focused on them (not in a good way) I forgot to look at the dresses…..

• Polka Dot Bride says:
    November 13, 2012 at 8:43 am

Drama is always present on runways, they often present conceptual ideas rather than ones that a typical bride might wear down the aisle (I’m sure Gwendolynne doesn’t envisage her everyday clients wearing the hair caps!) I do love the mood it creates for the runway show!

I personally am excited about seeing these dresses off the runway in a shoot, I’m looking forward to seeing them in different settings.

• Ms Stripey
    Ms Stripey says:
    November 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

Love that this designer chose to do something different with her head wear. We don’t have to wear them – it’s just nice to think differently about something sometimes.

• Vintage Style Designer Wedding Gowns | Polka Dot Bride
    Vintage Style Designer Wedding Gowns | Polka Dot Bride says:
    April 8, 2013 at 3:01 pm

[…] Gwendolynne first shared her Spring/Summer collection last year and today I’m sharing the gorgeous, rainforest, tumbling creek campaign shoot. All about […]

• » Gwendolynne 2013 Wedding Gowns May I Have The Ring