Candice of Mackenzi Creations
1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
Pudding and Custard … I’m not a huge fan of custard normally but there is something about the pudding, Brandy custard and Xmas that just does it on the 25th of Dec for me and my mums potato salad … The best ever
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I love Christmas so much i can’t just name 1 my top christmas movies are
* The Santa Clause
* Miracle on 34th Street
* Jack Frost
All these movies instill the christmas spirit of Love and Family and it warms your heart … Feel good movies
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
My Special Cocktail Crush – Absolute Citron, Peach Schnapps, Banana Liqueur , OJ, Pineapple Juice and a splash of Cranberry… It summery, fresh and great over ice… Doesn’t taste like alcohol and perfect at a summer xmas BBQ
4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
Fairy Lights… I LOVE them…. Going around to all the houses … Every year growing up we would completely decorate our house… we were the only one in the street and having my birthday 9 days before xmas I always felt extra special that the house was lit up.
5. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
Carols by Candlelight…. If we don’t go to the carols we are all around the TV watching them… One year I lived in QLD and I was on the phone with my mum who was living in Melbourne…
At My fiance’s Family Xmas party every year he dresses up as Santa… So now he is going to have a MRS CLAUSE… I will be dressing up and singing carols with the kids.. I am looking forward to officially being Santa’s wife soon and making this a yearly tradition…
6. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
MYER christmas Shop… I love just going in there … hearing the tunes , looking at all the gorgeous new decorations … the smell of tinsel … ahhhhhh
7. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
I do love to bake … Home made choc chip cookies are my favourite …. but I will share my mums Potato salad reciepe … its the best
* Boiled potatoes
* Chopped up boiled eggs
* Chopped Cucumber (this is the secret winner)
The trick is to mix it and put half the jar of Mayo in and then… Leave it overnight in the fridge and the next day add the rest of the Jar of Mayo!!!
8. Where will you be spending Christmas this time of year?
In Melbourne first visiting my Fiance’s family then off to My Mum and Dad … Then home to retire on the couch with a Christmas movie.
9. Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
Under the tree… But my fiance usually surprises me with something in bed first thing… too cute.
10. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Milk and Cookies of course 🙂
11. Finally, do you thing you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list and why?
They don’t call me Candi for nothing … I’m too sweet to not be on the nice list 🙂
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: