1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
Orange glazed baked ham! It combines two of the most exquisite tastes – sweet and salty to create the most intense burst of flavour in your mouth! Also perfect for left over sandwiches on Boxing Day.
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Christmas movies always bring such joy, reminds us of the whole family sitting around the TV at night-time drinking hot milos! “Home Alone” definitely came in at number one at PF closely followed by “Miracle on 34th Street”.
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
Christmas time in Australia is one of the most beautiful seasons, the sun and being outdoors surrounded by family and friends. Tropical drinks like fresh fruit punches, mimosas and of course celebration champagne!
4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
I think everyone agrees putting up the Christmas Tree and lights is an activity we all look forward to come 1st December!
5. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
Our Marketing assistant is Australian/Italian and combines traditional Christmas with her Italian heritage. “In my family all the women spend the days leading up to Christmas hand making all the different types of pastas (Gnocchi, ravioli & cannelloni) while the men cook all the meats (lamb, turkey & pork). Christmas Eve is always filled with Seafood and Champagne.”
6. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
Browsing the QVB building in Sydney watching all the stores light up or waltzing down Chapel Street in Melbourne and getting lost in the atmosphere of Christmas cheer.
7. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
Baking at Christmas time is one of Pink Frosting favourite things! Founder Kathryn Porritt’s newly published book “The Party Book” guides all our staff in creating magical foods for our celebrations! Handmade chocolate truffles using oranges, different liquors and dark chocolate, they make for a perfect Christmas favour for your friends and family! There are many more scrumptious and creative recipes in “The Party Book” suited for any occasion!
8. Where will you be spending Christmas this time of year?
Down on the South Coast of NSW, surrounded by pristine beaches and beautiful national parks, it’s like a mini slice of heaven.
9. Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
In our handmade Santa sacks under the tree!
10. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Chocolate milk and cookies for Santa and a healthy treat of carrot sticks for the Reindeer!
11. Finally, do you thing you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list and why?
NICE of course! Just like Santa we get to deliver gorgeous gifts to our happy customers all around Australia on the Pink Frosting truck!
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: