Hello Dotties! Here’s an easy little recipe for strawberry sauce that is sure to delight.
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 250g punnet of strawberries, halved
- ½ cup strawberry jam
You’ll also need:
- canning jar
- free sticker printed onto adhesive sheet (download it here)
- free tag printed onto kraft paper (download it here)
1. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir, over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the jam and strawberries and stir for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate.
I made a small batch for use as a Valentine’s Day treat (come back in 2 weeks for part 2!).
You could do it in bulk for use as a wedding favour – just increase the quantities and lose the ‘sweet & saucy’ tag. You’ll also need to make sure you research proper canning techniques so that it won’t spoil if guests don’t use it immediately.
Tutorial and tutorial photos: Alicia Parsons of Akimbo
Ms Gingham says: One word…. YUM!!!!!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.