Polka Dot Sneak Peek – Your Centrepieces

by | Polka Dot Sneak Peek, Weddings

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Polka Dot Bride
COMMENTS

polka dot sneak peek Polka Dot Sneak Peek Your Centrepieces

Happy Friday Dotties! Let’s have some fun and let me in on your wedding plans because I am a sticky beak and like to know details.. just ask my about to get married friends!

I love seeing how couples decorate their wedding receptions and I’d love to know what you’re doing for your table centrepieces- are you stacking old books? Going for the classic floral arrangements? Show me, tell me, let me know how you’re decorating your reception!

COMMENTS
  • Weekly Blog News Roundup | Polka Dot Bride
    Weekly Blog News Roundup | Polka Dot Bride says:
    June 21, 2013 at 10:05 am

[...] 1. Real Wedding – Jasmin & Terry’s Vintage Glamour and Travel Themed Wedding 2.Real Bride Advice – Inspired Words –  Jaci 3.Real Wedding – Desiree & Andrew’s Bali Destination Wedding 4. Real Journey – Planning  A Wedding, Celebrant Style 5. Bride Advice – How to Throw An Engagement Party for 250 Guests on a Budget 5. Real Journey – On The Home Stretch 6. Sneak Peek – Your Centrepieces [...]

• Michelle
    Michelle says:
    June 21, 2013 at 11:05 am

We are having teapots filled with tulips :)

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      June 21, 2013 at 11:32 am

Ohh that sounds so sweet! A friend of mine jsut sent me a photo of white teapots filled with tulips. Are you using vintage teapots?

• Amy
    Amy says:
    June 21, 2013 at 11:13 am

We have been collecting jars and bottles etc and will wrap them with a combination of twine, burlap and lace. 2 of my lovely friends will be setting these up on the morning of the wedding with flowers from the markets. I am also thinking of using old wine bottles sprayed with blackboard paint and writing the table numbers on these. We really wanted to save money with the centrepieces plus I love that rustic look! :)

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      June 21, 2013 at 11:33 am

Oohh I love anything that involves chalkboard paint at the moment (plus it’s so easy!) Love lots of jars too, lovely idea!

• Amy
        Amy says:
        June 21, 2013 at 11:41 am

Well you have convinced me to definitely go ahead with the chalkboard paint idea. Plus it’s a good excuse to drink wine to collect the bottles! :)

• Polka Dot Bride says:
          June 21, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Tough life ;) Chalkboard markers and chalk make it so easy too!

• Rachel
    Rachel says:
    June 21, 2013 at 2:14 pm

We are having light pink and white david Austin Roses in rustic cube vases, plus loads of recycles glass jars wrapped with twine and a little wooden heart on each one. For the table numbers we used a old pallete cut into squares then stuck white numbers on these , they look really rustic and cute! plus burlap table runners :-)

• Teagan
    Teagan says:
    June 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

We’re having a nerdy collection of chemistry glassware like beakers and conical flasks filled with flowers and wrapped with twine, clustered on each table with some tealight candles and pages from a vintage copy of Pride and Prejudice. I’m a high school English teacher and my fiance is a scientist so it was a cute personalised touch to bring both of our passions together, and you’d be surprised how good they actually look despite the randomness of it all!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      June 21, 2013 at 4:43 pm

That sounds ultra cool! I love that you’re doing something really different!

• Elyce
    Elyce says:
    June 21, 2013 at 6:46 pm

We are having burlap runners with cut glass vases and jars with lace wrapped around them. Lots and lots of flowers, approximately 10 vases/jars per table. Some large arrangements other quite small. Hoping for a vintage look and fingers crossed we can pull it off!! Thank god for all of our wonderful vendors!!!