I never feel properly ‘put together’ for a special occasion until I put on perfume. Get big day ready with these adorable diy solid perfume pots.
- Solid beeswax (I bought mine from Queen B)
- Olive oil (or other carrier oil such as jojoba)
- Your choice of essential oils (I used ylang ylang and grapefruit, purchased from a health food store)
- Double boiler
- Small cups
- Small tins (I purchased vintage pillboxes from an antique shop)
1. Grate solid beeswax using a grater or microplane.
2. Melt the beeswax using a double boiler (I made a makeshift one using an upturned saucepan lid). Meanwhile, pour the olive oil into a small cup and add a few drops of essential oils.
3. Combine the melted beeswax and oil mixture, stir with popstick and pour into the tin. You’ll need to work quickly as it will start to set very rapidly! Set aside to completely cool and harden.
You can make as big a batch as you need, simply keep the oil to beeswax ratio 1:1 and allow a few drops of essential oils for each pot.
And there you have it, a sweet-scented gift for your bridesmaids or hen’s party guests.
Ms Gingham says: Thanks for being such a wonderful contributor Alicia! We’re going to miss your unique creativity and your projects!
This project concludes my DIY column here on Polka Dot Made. I have had so much fun bringing these craft projects to you each fortnight over the last three years. I do hope to pop in from time to time with a guest project (if the patterned ladies will have me!). In the meantime, you can always find me working on beautiful wedding invitations over at my stationery business Akimbo.
Thanks again to Ms Polka, Ms Gingham and the entire Polka Dot team for having me! Keep on craftin’.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: