I’m sure you guys don’t need me to tell you this, but bow ties are awesome. They can be formal or casual, and you can have one in any pattern, with any outfit, and it’ll still look dapper. They’ve been a long-standing wedding staple which makes them a great way to inject a bit of colour or your own fun twist to your wedding outfit.
Now, I guarantee you’ve heard this all before – I’m not alone in the bow tie love – but I don’t mean “fun” as in “a fairly jazzy shade of red”. I mean “fun” as in pop culture, video games, comic books, superheroes: glorious fandom!
Below is a small selection of unique bow ties that go against the norm – on a day all about you and your partner, why not show off a little bit of your personality?
1. Legend of Zelda is an incredibly popular, and it has influenced a lot of people – Robin Williams even famously named his daughter Zelda! Available from Pigtails ‘n Curls
2. Pokemon – gotta catch ‘em all! There’s a pun in there somewhere… Available from Pigtails ‘n Curls. What I love about the bow ties from this seller is that they also offer them as hair clips – perfect for your wife-to-be! A great, unconventional way to show your shared loves.
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – something about them seems to speak to all men. Maybe it’s the crime fighting ninja part, or maybe it’s the overarching theme of pizza – whatever it is, this fun bow tie will ensure nostalgia and envy amongst all bow-tie-less men in attendance. Available from Johnny Blue Bow Tie
4. Doctor Who bow ties. Whovians rejoice! Surely Matt Smith’s favourite – an understated but awesome bow tie to add to your big day. Available from Johnnie Blue Bow Tie
5. Superhero bow ties. These bow ties come in a variety of sizes, from newborn to adult! So if you have children in the wedding, (or very small groomsmen), you can ensure that everybody looks super (sorry)! You can also pick your superhero – you could be Superman to stand out from your Batman groomsmen, or everyone can take a different superhero and be the Avengers. Available from Dapper and Chic. These bow ties are all self-tie, and are adjustable in length. The seller can also make matching pocket squares upon request, so you can completely kit yourself and your groomsmen out!