Another brilliant tip off led me to discover Arushie.
While I love the ballgown silhouettes, it’s the detailing that really caught my eye.
Photos from Arushie Bridal Couture
The colour of a moonless night sky, mysterious, rich and elegant – all in one!
Combine with any of the white shades
– With bright colours in combination such as in Russian embroidery
– With single bright colours such as green, hot pink, hot orange, bright deep blue – used in small amounts
– With soft pastel pink and ivory
– With soft dusty mauve and white
– With cream and stone
– With cherry red, burgundy and ivory
– With bronze, green and blue – think of a peacock
– With champagne and cream
– Black or white pearls, jet jewellery or beading (think Queen Victoria), paua shell jewellery, opals, marquisite (marcasite) jewellery
– A Spanish feel – white dress with black beading, lace or embroidery, black lace fans, lace mantilla, black wrought iron, a stone walled setting, masses of candles, a vine covered arbour, long communal tables, tapas served throughout the festivities, Spanish music
– Your wedding dress could be a black creation perhaps with a coloured under slip, if you are feeling unconventional
– Incorporate touches of black such as sashes, beading, jewellery, the mens’ suits, headpieces, a black lace mantilla or lace edging on your veil, small black buttons on the back of your dress
– Be careful with black however, as it can look over whelming and a bit ‘Halloween’, if used as the sole colour of the day. It’s best to soften it with white or another colour.
– Russian caviar, black jelly beans, black berries, squid ink pasta
– A pure white cake simple decorated with black ribbon or black polka dots, or white anemones with black centres cascading down the cake
– Paper ware featuring a coloured or white background with a black design. Or try a black background, perhaps with a shine, lustre or embossing, with a pure white motif, that is repeated in black on your white table linen
– Use ‘opposites’ as in the above paper ware example, black crockery on white linen with black embroidered motifs, black felt laser cut placemats on white cloths, black lace runners on white cloths, black piping, crystal for sparkle, silver candlesticks with black candles
– Any white flowers, white anemones, white gerberas with black centres, spider lilies, black privet berries, black bamboo, ‘black’ roses or dark leafed plants