Photo by Della Chu Photography
Jennyvi of Jennyvi Dizon Couture shared with me some of her sweet as can be polka dot wedding gowns and I had to show you!
JennyVi creates one of a kind creations, working with the bride to determine exactly what will make her happy on her wedding day.
JennyVi is originally from the Phillipines but her couture business JennyVi Dizon Couture is based out of Scottsdale, Arizona and you can visit her website for more details.
Photos courtesy of Ventola Photograpy
A bold exuberant colour that adds a ‘fiesta’ touch to your celebrations! Try using it in these ways….
– with a deep navy as an elegant accent colour
– with hot orange, a more red coloured watermelon pink, bright green, or turquoise – or touches of all of them with hot pink as the main colour
– pure white with ‘pops’ of hot pink and bright aqua. ‘Cool’ down with white flowers, deep green foliage and the occasional hot pink stem of blooms
– structured fabrics such as thicker silks, satins, linens
– tropical green leaves, orchids, orange or hot pink roses, camellias, dahlias, gerberas, orange lilies, some hydrangeas are green with pink tipped petals
– stacked crockery in multi-colours e.g. dinner plates in hot pink, bread plates in orange, soup plates in turquoise, or plain white crockery
– silver, pewter, glass, coloured glass pebbles in vases to hold the flower stems, coloured glassware
– black wrought iron
– brightly coloured resin plates, vases
– chair backs, tables featuring fretwork (cut out designs) – multi coloured or in white
– table linen – bold stripes or florals in contrasting colours, bold embroidery and/or sequins on dresses or linen
– outdoors, on a deck, sand, lawn, coloured paper light shades, lots of candles lining pathways, up-lighting into the trees hung with Mexican or Eastern style metal lanterns
– fun music, wild dancing, not too much formality
– cute hot pink cashmere cardigans for the wedding party if cool
– bright shoes, jewelled sandals and accessories
– lollipops, candy canes, coloured sugar, bowls of limes, tangerines, persimmons, tropical dragon fruit
I have a lot of entries for you this week because I have so much to share with you! Here’s a few of the events that I thought you might like to know about!
Their collection, feature timeless, understated styles, from a vintage-feel champagne-coloured trumpet gown overlaid with lace to a minimally embellished strapless gown of frothy pearl-coloured organza dress with diagonally placed ruffles along the trumpet skirt.
Brides will be able to view the designer’s favourites (which are not yet released in stores) from the new collection at daily private viewings and there will be many additional styles that brides would only be able to see during this exclusive event.
Basilica will be holding daily sessions from the 2nd-20th of July at their new salon in Drummoyne, Sydney. This intimate soirée, gives brides the opportunity to watch footage of the collections straight from the catwalk over a glass of champagne and are then invited to browse through and try on the gowns.
Trunk Shows Dates: Daily from 2nd July through to 20th July 2009
Show Times: 1st Showing: 2pm- 4.30 pm; 2nd Showing: 6pm- 8.30pm
Location: Basilica 206 Victoria Rd Drummoyne (near Lyons Rd)
Tickets $40.00: Places are limited for each showing.
Bookings & Information: Phone Basilica on (02) 9181 5050.
First 50 brides to book receive an exclusive Badgley Mischka gift bag.
To book your place and for further information, phone Basilica on (02) 9181 5050.
If you’re near Brooklyn, NY check out Brooklyn Bride’s fantastic event this weekend as part of the Brooklyn Popup Wedding Series. There’s great things to see throughout the entire month so check out the website for more
If you’re near Perth, WA Cathrin D’Entremont of CD Weddings is launching The Wedding Planner Hub with a seminar for wedding planners in August. Cathrin really has her head screwed on right when it comes to being a wedding planner!
If you’re near New York, New York Pronovias is holding a sample sale on June 27th
What: Pronovias Bridal Sample Sale.
When: Saturday, June 27th
Where: Pronovias Bridal Salon, 14 East 52nd Street, between Madison and
Why: Bridal gowns are at least 50 percent off. No refunds or returns.
All sales are final. by appointment only (212-897-6393)